Lighting Showroom Sales Representative - Omaha, Nebraska
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phones and greet customers as necessary.
- Interface politely and professionally with both walk in and call in customers.
- Interpret customer needs and place orders in system for appropriate material.
- Provide customer service duties relating to the customer orders, such as expediting orders, checking on orders, and following up on orders.
- Pick orders periodically for customers.
- Receive returns brought back from customers and prepare paperwork to company's quality system requirements.
- Track competitor activities and market conditions.
- Weekdays, Saturdays & overtime as required.
- Manage, track and maintain customer contacts for new business.
- Perform cash and credit card transactions including handling money and making change. Answer customer questions relating to products we stock.
- Maintain a relationship with Supplier partners.
- Understand and use the resources available from suppliers to help meet customer's needs.
- Maintain a positive attitude while working with customers and fellow associates to contribute to a good working environment for all.
- Maintain a clean organized retail environment at the city counter.
- Set up & maintain merchandizing displays provided by vendor, located in the show room.
- Display marketing announcements for supplier programs run at the branch.
- Attend Sales and Training meetings as directed by management.
- Help with trade shows, customer training and other customer events when needed.
- Follow company quality system guidelines and employee manual guidelines.
- Be a strong team member; help other departments when possible.
- Neat appearance.
- Basic understanding of products and applications, computer inventory system and warehouse.
- Basic mathematic skills.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- The ability to operate and understand basic Microsoft programs such as Excel & Word.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Agree to take a "Profile Assessment" test.