Project Coordinator - West Des Moines, Iowa
Our Panel Shop in West Des Moines has an immediate opening for a Design Technician.
Provide, design and project management support related to industrial control panels built in our West Des Moines shop..
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work independently under the guidance of project managers.
- Participate in the designing of industrial control panels to fulfill customer specifications and meet requirements of appropriate codes and standards.
- Interpret schematics drawn in various formats for shop production.
- Help prepare project quotes to meet customer's requirements.
- Prepare project documentation and quality control paperwork.
- Facilitate Customers designs managing / updating schematics & Bom's.
- Enter control panel orders in company's software system.
- Monitor incoming material for jobs to insure components are arriving in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance to panel shop personnel in the construction of control panels.
- Provide troubleshooting support to customers for electrical and automation products.
- Occasionally go to customer facilities to provide service on panel shop products.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and vendors.
- Effectively use productivity enhancement tools such as cell phones, laptop, software, email, etc
- Associates Degree in electrical control / automation or equivalent work experience. AutoCAD experience and knowledge of NEC & UL codes a plus
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- A valid drivers's license and proof of insurance is required.
A post offer drug screen and physical is required.
3E is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Sexual Orientation/Disabled