Outside sales representative - Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Our location in Cedar Rapids, Iowa has an immediate opening for an Outside Sales Representative.
Professionally and ethically represent 3E while selling electrical equipment and supplies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Work independently under the guidance of sales management.
- Travels through assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Analyzes customer’s electrical needs and recommends equipment required.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Enter customer orders on the system.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with purchasing, engineering, maintenance and management.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems.
- Work with Manufacturers/Reps to help position 3E as a preferred distributor.
- Effectively use productivity enhancement tools such as cell phones, email, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
- Extensive experience in electrical distribution business. College degree or equivalent work experience a plus. NAED EPEC a plus. Previous outside sales experience a plus also.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- A valid drivers license and proof of insurance is required.
3E is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Sexual Orientation/Disabled
Post offer drug screen and physical required.