Inside sales representative - Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Our Cedar Rapids, Iowa facility has an opening for an Inside Sales Representative.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interact politely and professionally with industrial customers via phone, e-mail, fax, etc.
- Enter customer orders in GUI.
- Assist customers in determining proper components for applications.
- Contact suppliers for price, delivery, and technical product information as needed.
- Prepare quotes.
- Follow-up on orders to ensure delivery in agreed upon time frame.
- Act in a support role for our Outside Sales Force.
- Act as an interface between customers and suppliers in the resolution of questions and concerns regarding product and service.
- Maintain a positive and an organized work environment.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic math skills.
- Good organization and communication skills.
- Experience with basic Microsoft programs such as Work and Excel.
- Knowledge of electrical and industrial material.
- Minimum of one year Sales Counter experience and equivalent required.
- Electrical sales experience and/or a college degree is a plus.
- Must commit to completing bronze level EPEC training.
- Commit to completing the Bronze level of EPIC self-study sales training. EPIC must be completed in 8 months. The first (3) modules must be completed before moving to the counter.
- Agree to take a “Profile Assessment” test.