Credit Analyst - Windsor Heights, Iowa
The ideal candidate will have 3 or more years of relevant credit and collections experience. Preferred candidate must have background in construction credit and collections. Candidate will be responsible for contacting customers regarding delinquent balances, securing payments, reviewing account history, filing construction liens, have a working knowledge of Iowa Code Chapters 572 and 573, and support the overall credit function within the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilites include but not limited to:
- Communicates with banking and trade references for new and existing customers.
- Establishments of credit limits based on customer credit application information.
- Notifies customer by mail, e-mail, or telephone of acceptance or rejection of application.
- Increases and decreases customer credit limits, as necessary.
- Keeps record of applications for credit.
- Works with Credit Manager to submit delinquent accounts to attorney or outside agency for collection.
- Confers with customer and/or sales representatives to determine reason for overdue payment, reviewing terms of sales, service, or credit contract with customer.
- Records information about financial status of customer and status of collection efforts.
- Confers with representatives of credit associations and other businesses to exchange pertinent credit information.
- Prepares reports on current findings and action taken for all accounts under investigation.
- Filing construction mechanic’s liens and filing against construction bonds.
- Assists accounts receivable clerks in day to day activities, as necessary.
- Obtains and mails, e-mails, or faxes invoice copies for customers, as requested.
- Researches and processes customer claims of invoice payment.
- Researches and processes charge backs, returns, and bad checks.
- Answers accounts receivable phone inquiries and follows up.
- Responds to customer correspondence as necessary in order to update accounts.
- Assists with related special projects, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Strong computer skills - MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management.
- Experience interpreting credit reporting agency reports (D&B/Experian).
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting financial statements.
- Ability to manage relationships both internally and exernally.